This month's Spotlight is Berks Deaf & Hard of
Berks Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services is committed to increasing public
awareness regarding hearing loss and promoting interaction between deaf, hard of
hearing, and hearing individuals.
All interpreters are personally evaluated and must meet our high standards. Our
agency only hires qualified / certified interpreters.
Sign language interpreters provide the communication link between Deaf and Hard
of Hearing and hearing individuals. Services of a sign language interpreter are
used in a variety of situations.
- Medical situations: Hospital, Emergency, Medical Doctor,
Dental, Eye care, etc.
- Legal situations: Court, Jail, etc.
- Work: Interviews, Meetings, etc.
- Educational Setting: School - all grade levels, College,
Technical Institutes, etc.
- Personal: Weddings, Funerals, etc.
- Assistive Device Program
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Awareness Program
- Hearing Aid Assistance
- Hearing Aid Repair Assistance
- Hearing Screenings
- Information and Referral
- Interpreting Service
- Monthly Newsletter
- Personal Assistance
- Sign Language Classes
- Public/Private Education
- Social Activities
- Educational Programs
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Related Library
BDHHS’ LENDING LIBRARY
HAS NEW BOOKS AND VIDEOS!
STOP IN AND “CHECK THEM OUT”
- GALLAUDET UNIVERSITY BOOK AND CD
- NUCLUS 24 CONTOUR “THE SHAPE OF THINGS
TO COME (COCHLEAR)
- GO TO THE HILL – A NOVEL BY STEVIE
- THE WORLD ACCORDING TO PAT –
REFLECTIONS OF RESIDENTIAL SCHOOL DAYS
- THE AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE PUZZLE BOOK
- IDEA ADVOCACY FOR CHILDREN WHO ARE
DEAF OR HARD OF HEARING
- HELEN KELLER’S TEACHER
- HELEN KELLER
- MISSED CONNECTIONS
- SING’ N SIGN HOLIDAY TIME BOOK AND
- LEGAL RIGHTS: THE GUIDE FOR DEAF AND
HARD OF HEARING PEOPLE
- TRAIN GO SORRY – INSIDE A DEAF WORLD
- DEAF CULTURE BEHIND BARS
- SOUND IDEAS – MANAGING YOUR HEARING
- SIGN LANGUAGE MADE SIMPLE
- LEARNING TO SIGN IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD
- BEYOND SILENCE (VIDEO TAPE)
A WORLD OF KNOWING: A
STORY ABOUT THOMAS HOPKINS GALLAUDET
VP, Administration and Policy:
VP, Programs and Services:
Pastor Jeanne Beadle
Assistant to the Executive Director:
Programs & Services Coordinator:
Elizabeth Setley, CT
Joseph M. Oros